Friday, September 30, 2011

Dr. Seuss Baby Shower

I was asked by niece to make decorations for a Dr. Seuss themed baby shower. I was never much of a Dr. Seuss fan... his drawings were kind of creepy to me. Well forget the drawings....his quotes are words to live by. I enjoyed this theme and my chance to see what others find so charming about Dr. Seuss.


Initial idea for centerpieces

Fish cookies....1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish

Dr. Seuss hat cookies

Hats

Fisheeeees


Centerpieces









"Baby Boy Evans"....banner




Bagged and tagged cookie favors




Party favor cookies

All the decorations
“Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”...Dr. Seuss

5 comments:

  1. So cute! How did you make the centerpieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's been awhile since I made these. I used a tall glass cylinder vase I bought at the Dollar Tree store. I think they are 8 inches tall with a diameter of about 2 1/2 to 3 inches. I took a sheet of white cardstock and glued strips of red to make the stripes. Wrap the striped cardstock around the cylinder and use double-sided to tape to attach to the cylinder. Trim the cardstock even with the top of the cylinder. I then cut a circle from white cardstock ( cut the circle however wide you want the "brim" of the upside down hat) and cut a hole in the center the same diameter as the cylinder. Match up the hole in the circle with the center of the circle and tape/glue in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!Your centerpieces were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!Your centerpieces were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing sure creative & fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete